Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Staff Training!



We have been on the road alll week!! I love going on road trips, and my FAVORITE part is getting to stay in hotels ;)! This weekend, Jake and I went with my family to Winston-Salem to one of my favorite Christmas traditions, The Nutcracker Ballet!!!!! I have been going to the ballet since I was 3 and only missed 2 years since then :) Then, on saturday, we went to Jake's little sister's Charity Ball!! It was so much fun, my only regret is that i didn't get to dance with Jake :( But it was great to spend time with his family and even get to go to the Christmas concert with them at Perimiter Church in Atlanta. They recently joined the church, and if you haven't heard of it...it is AWESOME! So many ministries to so many different groups of people in the Atlanta area..all the way to the nations!! it really gives me a true picture of the gospel, reminding me of James 1:27, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
Then, on Monday, we headed to Atlanta for the week for some staff training. I wasn't really
looking forward to it, because i was pretty exhausted from travelling all weekend, but it's been
SO fun! I've gotten to meet some other staff wives from Campus Outreach Atlanta which has
been so good for my heart because there aren't very many young wives without kids on staff
with us in Greenville. We're meeting to talk about the DC conference we're having in a few
weeks, as well as talking about how to be effective leaders on the campus. I'm excited but sad
to be away from home during the holiday season!! I'll leave you with a picture of my most
recent purchase from Ulta (the best beauty product store EVERRR!!) I got this bubble
bath/shower gel/shampoo for 4 dollars!! it was originally 16 but was on sale for 9 and then i
had a 5 dollar off coupon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment