Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas to YOU!!

Merry Christmas from the McCoun's! Camus says merry Christmas too!! You can't see it good, but that's her velvet Christmas collar, given to her by Jessi, my friend who's on staff with us at PC!! We are having a great time with Jake's family-my first Christmas with the McCouns!! While students have been away from Clinton, Jake and I did ALOT of work around the house (well..mainly jake!) He's been hard at work on our screened in porch. We had it built on our house a while back, but it still needed to be completed, so jake worked 3 WHOLE DAYS on it!! I was such a proud wife!!! Meanwhile, i tried some new recipes and wrapped some Christmas presents, i love playing Mrs. Claus! We also took Camus to my parents to stay for a while because she's been home by herself a lot this month!! :( I was sad to see her go but will see her Christmas night!! Jake already gave me part of my Christmas present-a flag pole!!!! If you know me, you know one of my BIG loves in life is seasons and flags and decorating, so i was so excited!!! I already have about 10 flags from my childhood to put up so i can't wait to start in January.
We are with Jake's family for a few days up until Christmas, and we've already had so much fun with them!! I think Jake's mom is one of the most fun people to be around because she's hardly ever self--conscious and is truly herself!! We went bowling tonight, and are planning to meet up with some friends for breakfast in the morning :) i'll prob post again when we get our gifts, but for now, Merry Christmas. Here are some of my favorite prophecies about our Lord and my best friend and redeemer, Jesus!

jeremiah 23:5-6 (NIV) "The days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will raise up to David a righteous Branch, a King who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land. 6 In his days Judah will be saved and Israel will live in safety. This is the name by which he will be called: The LORD Our Righteousness.

Galatians 3:16 (NIV) The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed," meaning one person, who is Christ.

2 Samuel 7:12-16 (NIV) When your days are over and you rest with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, who will come from your own body, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He is the one who will build a house for my Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. 14 I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with the rod of men, with floggings inflicted by men. 15 But my love will never be taken away from him, as I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from before you. 16 Your house and your kingdom will endure forever before me ; your throne will be established forever.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment