Friday, June 11, 2010

Craaazy Fun!!

I haven't updated on here in forever it seems! Things are going great here at the beach!! God has done some really awesome things! 4 people have come to know Jesus now, and every student has a job and is working!! Sadly however, most of the staff team left today to raise support leaving just two couples, us and the Creasmans. I was so sad to see everyone go because i really, genuinely love our community!! But now that just means more time for us to connect with the students at nights and on the weekends!! Every Friday night, we have a project social. This friday night the social was theme putt putt!! Jake and I were dressing for the Old Folks Home (nursing home)!! It was so much fun to get to know some new faces and make connections with students we didn't know as well!! We are so exhausted though. After being here for about 3 weeks, i had a huge break down tonight. :( eek. I think just constantly being around the hustle and bustle of 80 students really got to me, and God definitely revealed to me that i'm not nearly the "perfect" daughter to Him that i think I am. i saw once again how sinful i really am and how i am just in need of Him-His character, His grace, His perfection...and His strength because i dont have any left! Ha. I am thinking about this verse right now, and praying that it will be true of me-colossians 1:29 To this end I labor, struggling with all His energy, which so powerfully works in me." Paul is talking about how he's trying to present everyone perfect in Christ, but he is laboring with all of Christ's energy and not his own. I pray that the Holy Spirit would meet me here in my weakness and that I would work not with human strength, but with the energy of the One who holds me in His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment